Last updated: July 22, 2021
As we begin to welcome Professional Development Program participants back to the Harvard campus, we will continue to put health and safety first by making appropriate public health practices part of our everyday campus life. These practices will continue to evolve—sometimes quickly—along with the science and public health guidance.
Although subject to change, the following are guidelines we are implementing for all PDP participants who attend an on-campus program:
- Masks: Everyone must wear a mask and maintain physical distance at all times when indoors. When outdoors, masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated individuals must wear masks if physical distancing cannot be maintained. Masks must meet CDC guidelines: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/effective-masks.html
- Social Distancing: We will provide space to spread out during the instructional part of the program, but please be aware that these programs include breakout sessions where participants may work together as a small group.
- Breaks and Networking: During breakfast, lunch, a networking event on the first night, and social breaks, we will provide adequate space for social distancing.
We are starting small, with just select programs being offered on campus. Those who cannot or do not wish to attend a PDP in person have many online options. You can see all available programs here: professional.dce.harvard.edu/find-a-program/
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I need to be fully vaccinated before coming to campus?
A: While we do not require participants to be fully vaccinated, we do ask that participants agree to the following attestation when registering:
I attest that I satisfy one of the following requirements
– I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 using a vaccine authorized by FDA or WHO, or
– I qualify for exemption based upon a medical contraindication or firmly held religious belief.
I also agree to immediately share with Harvard University Health Services any proof of my vaccination status if I am identified as an exposed person through public health contact tracing efforts.
Q: Are other Harvard community members required to be vaccinated?
A: Harvard University is requiring vaccination for all community members who will be on campus, except in cases of medical or religious exemption. This includes faculty, staff, and students.
Q: Is there a possibility of my program getting cancelled due to COVID restrictions?
A: Yes, we reserve the right to cancel the program due to low enrollment, inclement weather, or public health related issues. We aim to notify participants within one month of program start.
Q: Will my travel or other incurred costs be refunded due to cancellation of a program?
A: No, Harvard Professional Development Programs are only responsible for refunding tuition fees. Airlines are potentially waiving cancellation fees and we encourage participants to show all email notifications of program cancellations to assist in any travel related fees.