What You'll Learn
Today’s workforce is diverse, so it’s not enough to be an expert in traditional management and leadership techniques. Being a successful leader now requires developing cultural intelligence, an awareness of your own cultural competence and unconscious biases so you can influence and effectively lead multicultural teams.
In this program, you’ll learn ways to assess and improve cultural intelligence, also known as CQ. The assessment taught in this program is based on rigorous, academic research aimed at improving CQ in the education, business, government, and health care sectors.
Additionally, this program will allow attendees to explore the intersection of unconscious bias and cultural intelligence. They’ll also learn how to become more aware of internal biases and ways to overcome them.
- Learn methodologies and practices that support an inclusive work environment
- Use a research-based method to assess and enhance cultural intelligence
- Identify the intersection between unconscious bias and CQ
- Develop a practical action plan for your learnings
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- What cultural intelligence is and why it matters
- Mapping cultural differences
- Discovering your own CQ and how to improve
- Managing and recognizing bias with cultural intelligence
- Improving your decision making
- Disrupting bias-based systems and practices
- Developing a personal action plan
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for leaders and managers seeking to identify and combat unconscious bias and cultivate a culturally intelligent culture within their organization.