What You'll Learn
Incorporating sustainable practices into your business model can be transformational for your organization’s short- and long-term success. Stakeholders across the board—investors, customers, and employees alike—now demand a corporate commitment to improved environmental sustainability practices. Sustainable organizations will be ready to respond more quickly, more efficiently, and more successfully to the economic challenges posed by the world’s changing environment.
This program offers key strategies and practical insights to help you build sustainability into your organization and make it an integral part of what you do every day. Through interactive discussions, case studies, and group exercises, you will examine global sustainability frameworks and best practices, and explore examples of organizations that have successfully integrated sustainability. You will learn how to create a customized strategy to develop and deploy positive and effective sustainability practices that will protect and promote the long-term profitability of your business model.
- Gain insight into the sustainability challenges facing organizations today
- Understand how employees, customers, and stakeholders influence sustainability goals
- Identify key competencies in sustainability leadership and management
- Understand the risks involved in maintaining non-sustainable business practices
- Explore best practices for implementing sustainability strategies
- Create sustainability goals that are customizable across a range of organization types
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Critical sustainability challenges
- Creating a purpose driven organization
- Sustainability leadership competencies
- How sustainable organizations have embraced change
- Collaborating creatively with stakeholder organizations
- Sustainability frameworks and tools
- Setting goals and benchmarking related to sustainability
- Stakeholders and addressing risk
- Crafting your sustainability vision
Who Should Enroll
This program is appropriate for leaders who are committed to developing sustainability goals and promoting sustainable business practices, including executives, managers, and sustainability directors from corporations, educational institutions, governments, and nonprofit organizations.
• The Sustainability Imperative
• Facing the Megachallenges
• From Competition to Collaboration
• When Organizations Ignore Sustainability
• Becoming a Purpose Driven Organization and Leader
• Frameworks & Tools
• Model Sustainable Organizations
• Building a Just & Resilient Organization
• Your Organizational Assessment
• Setting Sustainability Goals
• Communicating Your Sustainability Strategy
Maurie is an instructor at Harvard University Extension School and at Penn State University. She has more than thirty years of professional experience working with, and developing solutions for, a wide range of organizations from government to industry to NGOs.