What You'll Learn
Persuasion is essential to success in our professional lives. With every business challenge comes an opportunity to influence an outcome. An ethical application of persuasive skills lets you achieve unmatched results. Whether you need to convince clients to sign a contract, garner support for a proposal, or win new business in competitive bids, persuasive skills are the driving force that will help you accomplish your goals.
In this fast-paced and highly-integrated online program, we go “inside” the persuasive mindset in an attempt to understand how and why it works. We focus on the successful techniques that salespeople use to design compelling messages and explore why some messages are more influential than others. Through interactive exercises, you will improve your ability to influence and motivate others to buy products, services, and ideas.
- Appeal to an audience by analyzing and responding to their needs
- Engage your listeners and captivate them with your message
- Learn effective persuasive techniques to motivate and influence others
- Design a compelling pitch that influences buy-in
- Earn a digital Certificate of Participation from Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Managing first impressions
- Assessing the needs of your audience
- Influencing without authority
- Developing a strong virtual presence
- Preparing for a sales opportunity
- Using the “motivated sequence”
- Closing the deal
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
Who Should Enroll
This online program is designed for managers who want to strengthen their leadership and communication skills to meet strategic goals.