What You'll Learn
When workers truly enjoy their work, their commitment to the company improves, attrition decreases, and productivity increases. This creates the upward spiral of positivity where employees are happier because they feel valued and respected. This translates into better mental health, as well as increased productivity and corporate profitability.
This intensive program will provide managers with the strategies and tools to increase workplace productivity by both improving employee satisfaction and reducing friction during times of workplace stress. Managers will learn how to integrate scientifically validated methods into their current workplace to enhance business results.
With an emphasis on research in the field of positive psychology, this program engages participants in a series of case studies and class-based activities to demonstrate the integration of this science into organizational management.
- Understand the impact of a positive company culture on employee satisfaction
- Evaluate methods for developing and integrating practices based in positive psychology to boost employee engagement
- Apply skills in team communication, collaboration, and conflict management
- Create a Manager’s “Team Maximizer” Toolkit that will include strategies to build team communication as well as improve Manager-Employee collaboration
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Building positivity ratios to establish positive company culture
- Trust building with empathic communication strategies
- Fixed vs. learning mindsets
- Employee burnout prevention strategies
- Improving team creativity and collaboration
- Resolving conflict productively
- A framework for well-being (PERMA-V)
- Goal achievement
Who Should Enroll
For the manager who wants to increase employee satisfaction and team productivity. A minimum of two years management experience is recommended.
- Positive Psychology and Employee Engagement
- Building Self and Team Awareness
- Building Resilient Employees
- The Organization and Bringing it All Together
*This schedule is subject to change.
From 1994–2004, Michael was the #1 Stock Market Timer in the United States. He now focuses on teaching entrepreneurship, sales, leadership, and public speaking. He developed the Leadership Sailing Program for MIT Sloan Executive Education in 2016 and is the founder of Boston Executive Training.
Tessa is a professor at Hult International Business School in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Prior to joining Hult International Business School, she was CEO of Empathetics, Inc., a company that developed empathetic communications training for healthcare professionals.