What You'll Learn
Emotional intelligence is a powerful component of effective leadership. It’s the ability to recognize and positively manage emotions in yourself, others, and among groups. This intensive online program is designed to help you gain an honest awareness of yourself and how your behavior impacts others. We’ll move beyond the basics of emotional intelligence to concentrate on using it to build trust, manage difficult discussions, build resilience, enhance team performance, and lead for long-term success.
Throughout the online program, you’ll leverage group discussions, reflective exercises, activities, and a 360-degree emotional intelligence assessment to understand yourself and learn how to make your emotions work for you. Discover how to expand your leadership capacity and create an environment that fosters emotional intelligence.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
- Receive and analyze feedback using a 360-degree emotional intelligence assessment*
- Understand emotional intelligence and why it’s becoming increasingly important for leadership
- Use emotional intelligence to improve leadership and build more effective relationships
- Learn tips and tactics to improve emotional intelligence – in yourself and among groups
- Leverage emotional intelligence in managing difficult discussions
- Improve personal and organizational resilience
- Earn a digital Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
As part of the program, you will be asked to complete a 360-degree self-assessment and solicit feedback from at least three colleagues, such as managers, peers, and direct reports. The evaluation will take both you and your participating colleagues approximately 30 minutes to complete. Because the self-assessment is a central theme of the program, participants must complete the survey at least five business days before the program start date.
Incompletion of the assessment will severely impact your online class experience during the program. You are strongly encouraged to complete the assessment as soon as you receive detailed instructions about the survey.
- Establishing self-awareness and self-management
- Managing relationships and changes within an organization
- Building organizational awareness
- Developing a team culture of emotional intelligence and psychological safety
- Learning resilience
Who Should Enroll
This online program is designed for mid-level managers across industries and functional areas.
The topics discussed will be particularly useful for those who work with others to accomplish organizational goals, and those who seek to enhance their leadership skills.
• Emotional Intelligence: What it is and Why it Matters
• Developing Emotional Intelligence
• Working with Emotional Intelligence
• Developing Emotional Intelligence in Groups
Margaret Andrews is a seasoned leader with over 20 years of experience in higher education, business, and consulting. Andrews is a highly rated instructor at Harvard University’s Division of Continuing Education, creating and teaching courses and…