What You'll Learn
When workers truly enjoy their work, their commitment to the company improves, attrition decreases, and productivity increases. This creates the upward spiral of positivity where employees are happier because they feel valued and respected. This translates into better mental health, as well as increased productivity and corporate profitability.
This intensive program will provide managers with the strategies and tools to increase workplace productivity by both improving employee engagement and reducing friction during times of workplace stress. Managers will learn how to integrate scientifically validated methods into their current workplace to enhance business results.
With an emphasis on research in the field of positive psychology, this program engages participants in a series of case studies and class-based activities to demonstrate the integration of this science into organizational management.
- Understand the impact of a positive company culture on employee engagement and satisfaction
- Evaluate methods for developing and integrating practices based in positive psychology to drive employee engagement
- Apply skills in team communication, collaboration, and conflict management
- Create a Manager’s “Team Maximizer” Toolkit that will include strategies to build team communication as well as improve Manager-Employee collaboration
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Building positivity ratios to establish a positive company culture
- Trust building with empathic communication strategies
- Fixed vs. learning mindsets
- Employee burnout prevention strategies
- Improving team creativity and collaboration
- Resolving conflict productively
- A framework for well-being (PERMA-V)
- Goal achievement
Who Should Enroll
For the manager who wants to increase employee engagement, satisfaction and team productivity. A minimum of two years of management experience is recommended.
Participate live online or on campus.
Join us this October for a unique hybrid offering of this popular program, with participants attending simultaneously on campus and live online (over Zoom).
- Register for live online: Enter our state-of-the-art classroom from the comfort of your home or office. You will be fully integrated into the program experience, with the ability to see, hear, contribute, and network alongside your in-person counterparts.
- Register for on-campus: Learn and collaborate in our classroom space in the heart of the historic Harvard campus. Your experience will be augmented by the opportunity to network — both in-person and virtually — with colleagues from around the country and the world.
- Positive Psychology and Employee Engagement
- Building Self and Team Awareness
- Building Resilient Employees
- The Organization and Bringing it All Together
From 1994–2004, Michael was the #1 Stock Market Timer in the United States. He now focuses on teaching entrepreneurship, sales, leadership, and public speaking. He developed the Leadership Sailing Program for MIT Sloan Executive Education in 2016 and is the founder of Boston Executive Training.
Tessa is the Head of Research with the Korn Ferry Institute. She is also an Instructor with Harvard Division of Continuing Education and is the cofounder of the Happy at Work podcast. She also taught in the Simmons School of Management and Hult International Business School for several years.