What You'll Learn
Inclusive leadership—the ability to build and lead a highly diverse workforce—is one of today’s most imperative leadership skills, and critical for organizational success. As a business strategy, diversity and inclusion drives optimal organizational performance and enhances innovation. As a management strategy, building a diverse workplace helps your organization engage and retain high performing employees. Thus, inclusive leadership is a highly effective management style and provides an essential competitive advantage necessary to outperform the competition.
In this 2-day learning experience, participants will reframe what leadership looks like for a diverse, modern workforce. You will learn how to convert inclusive behaviors and practices into sustainable actions. You will dig into the root causes of bias and discover the necessary steps to improve cultural awareness across various backgrounds to create safe spaces that promote engagement and long-term excellence. Through self-assessment, personal reflection, small and large group networking and practice, you will set a new inclusive direction for your team based on its unique dynamic.
- Explore your cultural identity: learn more about who you are, what’s important to you, and how to feel safe sharing your identity at work
- Assess your current level of diversity awareness and learn techniques to improve your knowledge and skills
- Learn how to uncover and eliminate your unconscious biases to support inclusive equitable practices
- Develop the ability to spot and address microaggressions to foster an inclusive and equitable work environment
- Practice applying the SCARF model to maintain a more inclusive culture
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- What does today’s talent expect from the work culture?
- The role of neuroscience in inclusive leadership
- Enhance your self-awareness to support greater inclusive behaviors
- Identify and mitigate workplace behaviors that destroy inclusive cultures
- Practice inclusive decision-making to sustain a positive and diverse culture
- Establish team tenets for diversity and inclusion
- Align inclusion efforts to business strategy
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for leaders and managers in all fields and industries. This program would be particularly beneficial for mid- to senior-level managers and leaders with a team of five or more employees.