What You'll Learn
Today’s top companies succeed by making innovation a fundamental part of their strategy. As the pace of change continues to increase and the threat of disruption becomes the new normal, companies need to have a focused and effective approach to innovation and strategy. Apple, Amazon, Intuit, and other industry leaders continue to build breakthroughs—strategies that reshape markets, deliver greater value at a lower cost, redefine channels, and force competitors to scramble.
In this program, you’ll examine the frameworks that market-leading companies use to build innovation into their business approach. Through interactive group exercises and real-world examples, you’ll learn how to drive innovation and develop winning strategies for your organization. The program emphasizes tangible, practical content which can be immediately deployed in your organization.
- Build innovation into the strategy development process.
- Foster innovation culture and identify the most compatible structures to execute innovative ideas.
- Enhance innovation discovery capabilities and shape new markets.
- Evaluate and prioritize strategic options and allocate resources effectively to generate high ROI.
- Design innovative, go-to-market strategies that capitalize on the organization’s resources and capabilities, create differentiated value for customers, and fuel growth.
- Learn how to orient your business for speed in order to secure a competitive advantage.
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education.
- Ensuring that innovation remains a strategic priority.
- Fostering corporate innovation culture and driving innovation across the organization.
- Exploring the habits of today’s “new innovators” and the various types of innovation.
- Identifying innovation opportunities and evaluating their potential in context of your organization.
- Developing a toolkit of innovation frameworks, including design thinking and jobs to be done.
- Using defined metrics to assess innovation ideas objectively and effectively.
- Setting up the right structure for innovation.
- Managing and measuring a strategic innovation portfolio.
- Learn the dynamics of minimum viable offerings, tech scouting, and coalition-building when considering build, buy, partner decisions.
- Navigating the organizational challenges inherent in innovation programs in established companies.
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for business leaders committed to building strategic innovation into their organization. It is equally suited for professionals from established companies who want to develop new revenue sources or from scale-ups who want to systematize non-core growth.
• The Strategic Imperative for Innovation
• Innovation Methodologies & Frameworks
• Lean Start-Up Workshop & Debrief
• Innovation Leadership in Practice
*This schedule is subject to change.
Ben is an accomplished professor, practitioner, and researcher with a strong passion for innovation. As the Vice President of Design Strategy at Fidelity Investments, he spearheads the development of groundbreaking and cutting-edge projects. Ben also serves as the Director of Design Innovation at Massachusetts College of Art and Design, where he mentors aspiring designers.