What You'll Learn
In our fast-moving innovation economy, entrepreneurs and corporate innovators alike need to find new ways to tackle business problems, think beyond the status quo, and create value for their organizations. Corporate innovators need to propose a range of ideas, from new products to new business models, aimed at creating market value, and enhancing performance. Yet, employees are sometimes reluctant to suggest ideas that can be costly for organizations.
This immersive online program will help increase your confidence in proposing ideas, tap your potential to innovate, polish your ability to assess new business ideas, and strengthen your persuasion and idea pitching skills.
Upon completion, you’ll be able to exercise entrepreneurial thinking, and will be equipped to apply these skills in your organization. It is not necessary to have a business idea to enroll in this program.
- Apply entrepreneurial methods and innovation tools to ideate, assess, and refine new business ideas
- Use rational metrics and criteria to assess and provide evidence that your new business ideas are viable, desirable, and feasible to gain buy-in from stakeholders
- Learn how to validate your business idea and test hypotheses to reduce the risk of failure
- Understand the different aspects of launching your business idea
- Design strong value propositions and business models that fulfill consumer’s needs
- Develop a pitch deck and improve your persuasion, critical thinking, and pitching skills
- Strengthen your entrepreneurial, innovative, and creative skills
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Understanding the role of innovation and opportunity recognition
- Learning about entrepreneurship and corporate innovation in various business contexts
- Using innovation skills and frameworks to develop, assess, and launch new business ideas
- Creating customer profiles, mapping value, and verifying a problem-solution fit
- Applying different types of innovation to enhance business ideas and build a competitive advantage
- Presenting new business ideas to stakeholders to secure resources and win support
- Applying effective communication skills to pitch your business idea confidently and successfully
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
Who Should Enroll
This online program is ideal for professionals, entrepreneurs, business owners, or teams from any industry who are interested in learning how to ideate and assess the viability, feasibility and desirability of new business ideas.
The workshop nature of this online offering is useful to:
- Corporate innovators, including business development managers, strategy and operations heads, go-to-market teams, product developers, engineers, and designers tasked with driving growth
- Leaders who are looking to learn how to innovate and add value to their companies
- Professionals who are interested in enhancing their creativity, problem solving, and originality skills
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who need to find new ways to create value
- Investors, consultants, and chief innovation officers who are looking to sharpen their idea assessment and idea iteration skills
• Innovation and Ideation
• Value Proposition Design
• Business Model Canvas
• Pitch Development and Delivery
*This schedule is subject to change.
Areen Shahbari is a business consultant, the founder and CEO of Cactus International, and an instructor at Harvard University Extension School, Harvard Professional Development Programs, Stanford University Continuing Studies, and Simmons School of Business. Shahbari’s research,…